The basic concepts of Guide Right may be summarized as follows:
- To help youth, especially those of high school age, in the selection of courses leading to vocations compatible with their aptitudes, interests, and personalities
- To assist students, while they are in training, to get started in employment, and to progress successfully in their chosen fields.
- To assist parents in the handling of their children by giving them opportunities to talk over their problems with those who know and are successful in their chosen vocations.
- To afford the less fortunate youths a respite from the drudgery of the streets, through sponsored entertainment and cultural enrichment.
- To inform youth of the values of higher education, of assistance available for continued educational pursuits, scholarships, loans, professional counseling, fellowships, etc.; of various occupational and professional opportunities; and of current lab or demands and the trends on the labor market, supply rewards, etc.
Kappa Alpha Psi’s commitment to young people is well established, and our Guide Right efforts, both individual and collective, can continue to serve as a mechanism to “inspire service in the public interest.”